Hi! I'm Heather, the Centre Director for Kids' Early Learning Seven Hills West.
• I have worked in the Child Care field for 14 years and I love working with children and their families to make a happy, secure, safe centre to promote individuality, respect and inclusiveness for all.
• I have completed my Bachelor of Teaching (Birth to five years),
• Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts,
• Diploma in Children’s Services. I love to learn about children’s development and theorist's who promote a combination of art and music in childcare such as the 'Reggio Emilia Approach'.
• I believe in play-based learning as an essential part of every child’s learning, particularly child initiated play when children are free to choose the direction. It can also involve spontaneous play when guided by adults who may join in and extend the learning, as well as intentional play specifically organised by adults but yet it remains very open ended. Play-based learning encourages talking, reading, thinking and writing.
• My own professional philosophy for early childhood education and care could be summed up in a collection of a few words; children and families, happy relationships, safe environments, enthusiastic educators!